This is a major project for 2007 but I’m hoping to have it ready for an Easter brew
The new garage has loads of space. So it’s design time!
The rebirth of Mix Brewery - now with full mashing and programmed process controls.
My previous semi automated setup was limited to extract + flavour grains brewing with a 10 gallon batch. Even though I had the old 5 gallon Mash kit in a cupboard under the stairs, it was a bit past its sellby date!
New system will include:
- 100lt stainless steel Hot Liquor Tank insulated and with process controller.
- 100lt stainless steel Mash Tun, again, insulated and with process controller to hold mash at ideal temperature via HERMS system.
- All new control panel for HLT & MLT.
- New pump for wort recirc and transfer to copper.
- New plumbing to capture hot water from main heat exchanger.
- New purpose built framework to hold all the new kit.
Early design drawings can be found here.
- Brewery Layout
- New control panel
As I build and install the stuff you’ll see the progress in pictures! View Progress